Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blog prompt 1


  • What do you notice about the language Anderson uses? What is his purpose for doing so? How is it effective?

What I notice about the language Anderson uses is that it sounds very blondy-like. I also notice that the characters keep saying, the words, "null, unit, dadada, meg, mal, and like" when they speak. I think his purpose for doing so is that in this book new and improved technology are used, so why not use words that people rarely speak. It is effective because as of now not many people uses those short words when talking, except for like and probably null. I was very surprised when I was reading those words over and over.



  • In what ways does this Spring Break compare with what you envision when you think of Spring Break?

I think that this spring break that Titus and his friends are having is totally not a spring break at all. Sure people wants something fun to do over the break, but going to the moon is way out of the league. When I think of spring break I think of sunny, cold, windy, and warm. For me, spring break is the time to clean my house and be lazy. Both of our way to spend spring break is very different from one another. Titus and his friends spend their time and money on the moon, while I work hard and be lazy.



  • What are the science fiction elements on this novel. Why is it categorized as sci fi?

The science fiction elements are the feed chips, going to the moon in an upcar, being able to m-chatting with one another. It is categorized as sci fi because the scientific technology that the book have can not be invented and made into real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment