Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blog 3: Visual Essay

Issue: CONSUMERISM



















  • How do the images tell a story, represent your theme?

The images I selected does not really tell a story, except for the picture at the far right. The pictures I have represent my theme because it has the words consumer on it and words that are related to it.



  • What's your message? What do the pictures say?

My message is that "lOOK AT WHAT YOU DO MY CONUMERISM FRIENDS". The pictures just tell about consumerism. That people consume, and consume.



  • Why did you choose the images you did? What are their importance, implications, and influence?

I choose the images I did because these images tells a lot about consumerism just looking at it. You can also tell right away what the theme is about. The importance is that these pictures tell what weare doing and who we are to the economic world. The pictures are suggesting that we, the people, should consume more. Even the things that are not really necessary. It's influences are the modelers, expense, brand, etc.



  • What are the applications or use of, understanding and values of some combination of the text themes that you have developed and/or experienced over your lifetime?

What I have understand about consumerism when I was little was that if I want to buy something it has to be something that both of my parents thinks is necessary for me. For example, clothings. Whenever I went with my mom to buy clothes for me she always go for the medium size, 14 or 16 size. It is always a big size that will be loosed on me. Since my mother keeps telling me that bigger size is better for me; because it saves money; I got into a habit of buy medium size clothes. So whenever I shop I will always go for the medium sized shirt.

  • How have you developed these?

My parents, especially my mother was the one who influenced me the most.

  • What are your feelings about them?

My feelings is then was that I was not really happy getting "M"size shirts. Now, I am very grateful to my mom because I have grown somewhat and the "M" sized shirt thing really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment